Stepping back to the Twenties... Continued...


I did have help today in the shape of two clementines...


Cut patterns were popped on the Rayburn top awaiting the fabric...


I was inspired by original recordings from the period...


Laying out and cutting up...


Kitchen table taken over...


The back completed and pinned to Polly my ever helpful sewing girl from www.corsetlacedmannequins.co.uk 


Chuffed with the shaped centre seam and the two waist darts... it will make this dress fit nice and snug in all the right places!


Flounced sleeves pinned in place ready to sew...


O dear its lunchtime already...


The front facings turned out nicely despite me leaving out the interfacing. Im guessing that they didnt have plastic iron on Vilene in the 1920's. I think they used buckram or something similar but I bet everyone didnt...


Facings on and pressed...


I cheat and after Ive sewn shoulder seams I always stitch in the sleeves. I hate setting in sleeves. Its different if its a tailored garment, but for a simple dress I feel there is no need...


Sleeve in...


I then stitch from the cuff down the arm then onto the side seams down to the hem...


Embellishment time... This was an old cotton skirt lining... Time for some twirly roses...


The picture sayes it all me thinks... theres my cloche hat that I decorated for that Halloween costume, remember...


Bit of a close up...


I made a simple side tie of the same fabric in a single layer...


The flounce sleeves are so pretty, they fall over your wrists in a very bohemian manner...


Pictures of me wearing it tommorow!

It took ALL day... Im utterly exhausted...

Ren x

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published